Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Obamacare Close to Home

I just had two conversations at work today that shined the spotlight on just how bad an idea the currently proposed health care reform really is (as if we didn't know this).

The first was with a guy who's son attends MIT. He told me that Massachusetts, in their infinite wisdom, requires health insurance with a maximum deductible of $250. He already has perfectly good health coverage for him, but now has to pay extra because his policy's deductible doesn't meet the ridiculous requirements.

The second was with a guy who's mostly an Obama fan, but chooses not to have health insurance because he's generally healthy and would rather self-insure. Of course I pointed out to him that the proposed legislation would force him to have health insurance.

Tell me what is wrong with a bill that would included three things?
1. Tort reform
2 .Allowing insurance to be purchased across state lines
3. Government underwritten private insurance for those who cannot afford it (I'd even be willing to let the Government specify the coverage and price to the insurance companies within reason)

Oh. I forgot. Howard Dean already said they don't want to take on the trial lawyers. I guess that would be biting the hand that feeds for the Dems.

Join me in shaking your head in disgust.

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive