Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We Knew It Was In There

Here's the redistribution of wealth in Obamacare hidden in a Kiplinger's article about new tax changes. The changes basically amount to penalizing those who have good coverage and good habits (such as using a flex spending account) or those who don't want coverage, and giving breaks to companies who employ low-wage workers and the low-wage workers themselves.

How is taxing good medical coverage supposed to improve healthcare?

How is offering incentives to companies for employing low-wage workers supposed to encourage them to pay more? I.e. if my company gets tax credit if the average wage of my employees is under $25k, am I going to give raises if I can afford it?

The logic astounds me.

3 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

The logic astounds me.

Hey Fredo, there it is again: that silly word "logic."

ManBeast said...

More on the same at Hot Air: http://hotair.com/archives/2010/03/24/video-will-obamacare-drive-businesses-out-of-providing-health-insurance/

ManBeast said...

And, what is to prevent a company of 50 employees under $40k average from splitting into two companies? Or a company splitting into two to move all the low wage employees into one in order to bring the average wage down below $40k?

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive