Saturday, May 05, 2012

RIP, MCA

A couple days late, but condolences to the family and friends of Adam Yauch, aka MCA from the Beastie Boys.  Seems to me that most of our generation (Gen X) has at least some good memories that involved the Beasties' music playing in the background.  We have MCA to thank for that.

One thing I wasn't aware of was his affinity for Buddhism.  It led him to question some of his earlier antics.
"I didn't realize how much harm I was doing back then and I think a lot of rap artists probably don't realize it now... 
I said a lot of stuff fooling around back then, and I saw it do a lot of harm. I had kids coming up to me and saying, 'Yo, I listen to your records while I'm smoking dust, man.' And I'd say, 'Hey, man, we're just kidding. I don't smoke dust.' People need to be more aware of how they're affecting people."

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive