Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Kingdom for a Newt

More reasons why I hope Newt Gingrich runs for President in 2012:
  • He's one of very few nationally recognized and active conservatives with any intellectual credibility AND experience worthy of executive leadership
  • His opinions are mostly in line with the populist and vigorous Tea Party movement
  • Despite (or because of) his scorched-earth tactics, he has proven that he can get results
  • The amplitude of the political swing from Bush to Obama and back will be great enough for him to be a desirable candidate
  • Based on the occasions I've had to hear him speak, I believe he has a real understanding of the fiscal and cultural crisis we're currenlty in
  • He is one of the very few politicians that I consider to be highly intelligent and educated
My concerns with Newt
  • Ron Paul won the straw poll at CPAC with 31% of the vote. Is Newt enough of a Libertarian?
  • Does Newt have too much baggage to survive the inevitable media assault?

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive