Monday, August 20, 2012

My letter to Congressman Akin

Dear Congressman Akin,

Your comments cannot be walked back with an apology.  In substance, they are deplorable.   You have implied that women who become pregnant via rape were actually consenting to it.  Disgusting.

Politically speaking, it is the type of statement that not only loses votes, but takes people from disagreement to hatred, from "lean Dem" to "I'm calling all my friends and relatives to turn out against you."  You have not only severely damaged your electoral prospects, but provided Democrats a weapon to wield against Republicans nationwide.  

As a lifelong Republican, I feel this election may be our country's only chance to beat back Obamacare,  prevent our government from becoming insolvent, and preserve the American Dream for future generations.

The MO Senate race is too important to be thrown away.  For the love of our Country, and for the love of the unborn, we need a GOP majority in the Senate.  Please realize your career is not more important than that.  Step down as the GOP nominee for Senate before it is too late.



You can send your own to Congressman Akin here.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:  I received this in my inbox:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at www.akin.org.I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
<contact@akin.org>:This address no longer accepts mail.
What a coward.

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive