Saturday, September 15, 2007

A sports departure

While this blog isn't typically about sports, it is often about studpidity (typically my own). In that vein, I offer you the following quote from a recent Wake Forest recruit:

"I wanted to put a school on the map. I didn’t want to go to a rich tradition kind of school. I think me going to Wake Forest will, sort of say, shock the world, take people for a loop, and give Wake Forest credibility."

High school star Al Farouq Aminu,after announcing for Wake Forest.

Huh? Are you serious?

Consider the world shocked.

Hey Aminu, ever heard of Bones McKinney and Len Chappel? Muggsy Bogues and Randolph Childress? Or at least Rodney Rodgers, Josh Howard and Tim Duncan? How about 4 ACC championships, Al Farouq? How'd they manage that without you?

Here's some more info, kid, just in case you want to brush up.

HT: DBR

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive