Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In his own words

Here's Mitt on some key issues, from a National Review article linked on his exploratory committee website. I particularly think his answers on Iraq and Iran are insightful into his stance on these issues. I think he--more than any other candidate--will be able to form a comprehensive approach to attacking GWOT.

One disappointing thing, I'm surprised Mitt didn't think of this idea from newly elected lefty MA governor "Free 'em all" Deval Patrick. Although I'm confident in the ability of Deval and his policies to grate me 99% of the time, at least on this one he seems to have a good idea (and has irritated ACLU in the process, bonus points!)

2 comments:

Fredo said...

Lopez: Read anything good lately?

Gov. Romney: A few of my current favorites are The Cube and the Cathedral by George Weigel...


Mitt's reading Weigel. Now that just warms my heart.

SheaHeyKid said...

So many good quotes from that interview, but perhaps none richer than this exchange:

Lopez: Will an exposé on Mormon Christmas celebrations hurt you in the primaries?

Gov. Romney: This may sound strange to some, but my grandchildren will be eagerly awaiting presents to be delivered to their homes by a bearded man in a red suit led by a pack of flying reindeer. The lead reindeer, by the way, has a red light bulb for a nose — certainly a YouTube scandal waiting to happen.


Not quite as memorable as Royal Tenenbaum's "Well, I guess I'm going to have to be the bad guy on this one," but it's up there!

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive