Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mitt is frustrating me

Why stretch the truth? Especially when you know you're going to get called on it and people are already looking to jump on you for lacking "core convictions"? Mitt would, from what I've seen in his bio, be a good president. But he's not going to be elected (despite his numerous advantages over other candidates) if he keeps tripping over himself. Having to defend statements on when and if you were a hunter as a young man, or if someone who joined the NRA last year can truly be called a friend of the 2nd amendment, means less time for him to be articulating his positions on spending restraint, GWOT, taxes, immigration, etc.

1 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

Yeah, saw this one and was disappointed with his handling - it was out of character from what I'd expect from him. He was over-reaching here when he doesn't need to, as Fredo mentions. What he should have done with this issue is simply said, while I personally am not an avid hunter, I have gone hunting a few times in my life. But more importantly, I will vigorously defend your 2nd amendment rights: I can easily support this issue regardless of the fact that I'm not a regular hunter.

Done, move on to next issue.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive