Friday, October 06, 2006

Occ Obs Solid Citizenship Award



From time to time (as the blog title suggests), I weigh in on whatever the heck I feel like. Today's installment, starting an O.O.S.C. award that I'll give out periodically to people who, in my view alone, have earned it. Number one on my list: Tom Monaghan.

Here's an entrepreneur who built a fortune, and then donated $1 Bil to a charitable foundation which is committed to catholicizing our culture and sanctifying our nation. He's built a university and a law school in order to leverage his investment: each person he helps educate can bring the gospel to others. Through his foundation, he's also funded the Thomas More Law Center, Legatus, and a radio network.

Thanks for all you've done, Mr. Monaghan, and all you have yet to do.

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive