Friday, September 05, 2008

I'm a "Fox-Only" kid now, at least till the election is over

I'll be honest with you...

Fox prime time lineup is not entertaining viewing for me.

O'Reilly is tough to watch.

Hannity is pre-prepped talking points, not dialogue.

Greta van Susteren is...
nothing I want to watch.

That said, after Campbell Brown's week-long assault on Sarah Palin, I simply can't watch the Clinton News Network anymore.

Tonight, I flipped by it quickly to hear Campbell ripping on Palin's claim to have sold the governor's jet on Ebay. Turns out, Brown says, Palin failed to sell it on Ebay. She had to go through a private broker, and sold it for $2.1 Mil when the state had purchased it for $2.6 Mil. Campbell emphasized that Palin had sold the jet for a loss. The unsaid corrollay was: at the taxpayer's expense.

Of course, Campbell forgot to mention that the jet was sunk cost, and by selling it, Palin was merely recouping for the taxpayer some of what had been wasted by the corrupt politicans she had displaced.

Campbell, I'm sure, sells all her used vehicles for a premium to their original sales price. But, if not, at least she still has her outrage.

UPDATE:

As SHK pointed out in the comments, Palin didn't claim to have sold the jet on EBay in her RNC speech. She only claimed to have listed it on EBay. Somehow, I'm not that surprised noone was willing to fork over $2Mil+ for purchase on EBay, but it certainly was worth a shot. And, as we now know, she did manage to get the job done through other means. Here's the quote in question, from RCP:

While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for.

That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay.

2 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

A few points here. First, on the e-bay jet story which the MSM LOVES hauling around now (highlighting just how little they have on Palin and how DESPERATE they are to smear her). Palin never said she sold the jet on e-bay, she always said she PUT the jet up for sale on e-bay, which she in fact did. When it didn't sell after some amount of time, they ended up selling it another way. And to Fredo's point, ANY money she got from that sale is gravy, since the original purchase was already sunk cost.

As to networks, that's particularly why i was so disappointed that MSNBC has swung hard left, even more than CNN. A few years ago they used to be a nice source of good insight and balance, now they are an absolute sham. After every speaker at the RNC Keith Olbermann was a like a giant tool and he would always bark in with his stupid "A few inaccuracies in there of course, which I will now correct." All he proceeded to do was make an ass of himself.

Basically, I no longer watch any TV news, it's all useless. I can read anything I want on the net. The only show I routinely liked to watch was Meet the Press.

Fredo said...

Special Report is still the best daily TV news, with the most even handed coverage and balnced panel.

But I'm with you, I'll take the internet to broadcast news any (and every) day of the week.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive