Wednesday, September 03, 2008

RNC

I watched the RNC last night, but I really gave myself a treat. Knowing that Thompson and Lieberman had given great speeches, I tuned into my favorite networks on the Dem payroll, MSNBC and CNN. I knew that their reporters would be seething with the solid performances by our speeches, and would simply be unable to restrain their blatant bias and love for Obama.

Boy, was I ever right.

There were so many gems of unbridled media bias last night it's hard to even know where to begin, but I'll just summarize a few here. First was CNN's absolute disgust that the Republicans had purposely not given a break between Bush's speech and the video tribute to Reagan, thus preventing them from having "adequate time" to make the case linking Bush and McCain. Didn't know that was their job.

Next was their absolute bitterness following what can only be described as a brilliant and unbelievably effective speech from Fred Thompson. I counted no fewer than six (6) mentions on CNN and MSNBC that Thompson's speech would absolutely "anger" democrats, as if he was supposed to make a speech supporting Dems. They were beside themselves with how strong and pointed his messages were.

However, the clear-cut winner of the night, and perhaps all-time that I've ever seen, was Andrea Mitchell's SHAM of an interview with Lieberman after his speech. You could tell Dems were going to be beside themselves after his great speech, and she was no exception. I am trying to find a clip of it on youtube, because if you haven't seen it, you must. I have never seen a "reporter" so blatantly show her bias and try to derail an interviewee. Her questions were rude and offensive to Lieberman, but the best part is that he was all class in his responses. His answers to her were sincere, without anger or bitterness, and really, really nailed the key points. I couldn't have crafted better answers for him myself. I highly recommend we try to find a copy of it, because it was absolutely appalling.

Honorable mention goes to Newt Gingrich who in his post-Lieberman interview with CNN got the reporter to bitterly cut the interview short when Newt unloaded on him after a question about Sarah Palin's "experience". Boy, did he rattle off an awesome list of Palin vs. Obama and make that reporter eat it. Also worth seeing.

1 comments:

Fredo said...

I wish I was able to enjoy the same sense of schadenfreude.

I'm just too dang nervous. I just kept thinking to myself, when the heck did Gergen go full-bore in the tank for the Dems? I mean, we always knew the man was a ninny, but please. This "Dems are gonna be berry, berry angry" thing was a little hard to take.

And WTF with Campbell Brown? Sorry you don't like the fact that there's a woman who's one upped you in all the things you consider important in life, Campbell, without giving up her family life and values. Just deal with it and pretend you're a journalist instead of a catty high schooler.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive