Sunday, October 12, 2008

Apocalypse

This past week:

1) It has become increasingly clear that the Prince of Darkness will be elected President of the United States, potentially with a super majority in Congress.

2) The world economy has crashed, and along with it, my 401K and much of my non-retirement holdings.

3) The University of Michigan, the winningest team in the history of collegiate football, is 2 - 4, after suffering a loss to the University of Toledo, in Ann Arbor. They have not finished under .500 in more than 40 seasons.

4) The Detroit Lions are on track to go 0 - 16, and my surrogate team, the New England Patriots are without Tom Brady.

Fredo, in times like this, what can I do to hold my head up? Is Scotch the only answer???

2 comments:

Fredo said...

SW:

I will address these points in order:

1) It's not over yet. I'll have a post on this one coming later today.

2) See this video of Lou Rukeyeser from Wall Street Week, right after the '87 crash. Watch from about 1:43 to about 2:21. Remember, we've been through this before.

3) UM has become a very Christian school, thereby earning your allegiance ahead of ND. After making the fine partisans of App State happy, they did their best yesterday to cheer up the denizens of economically depressed NW Ohio.

4) The Lions aren't... they're not... they're not good. As for the Pats, may I offer you this. Justice, my friend, justice.

Allow me to sum up. Yes, financial markets suck right now. But getting behind the Wolverines and Pats was your own doing. With decision making like that, you won't be able to afford enough Scotch. May I suggest Bourbon, a domestically produced alternative?

SingleWing said...

Fredo, thank you for your unique perspective.

Ahhh .... Evan Williams on a Sunday afternoon!

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive