Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The end of the beginning and a question for our contributors...

Byron York, in an NRO column, writes the following:

Whenever he goes, Huckabee will leave with a stature far higher than when he began the race. He is now a national figure in GOP politics, widely admired as the best natural campaigner in the 2008 field. Good, and perhaps even greater, things await. And it is unlikely that Huckabee wants to do anything in the last days of his campaign to diminish all the gains he has made.

I also felt that Huck was the best campaginer of the group, and the way he was able to leverage his campaign's budget (by far the most votes/$) was part of the proof. That said, it seems a near-certainty that McCain will have 1,191 delegates before the convention, making Huck's campaign largely irrelevant at this point. If he challenges Pryor for the Senate seat in AR, I'll throw him a few bucks.

At this point, I motion for OccObs to officially endorse Senator John McCain for President, as he is the presumptive GOP nominee. He is clearly a superior option to Sen. Obama or Sen. Clinton. He is a conservative with the record of a conservative, and he is an American hero.

Do I hear a second? Objections from any contributors?

The world awaits our decision...

9 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

I'm all in.

While McCain probably would have been my 3rd or 4th choice among the Repubs, I just can't agree with pundits who call for boycotting the election or voting for Dem.

On one side, those who suggest McCain is a liberal in the same vain as HillBama are clearly off the reservation. At a minimum he will be far more conservative on pro-life, GWOT/national security, and spending.

On the other side, those who suggest that a HillBama victory is the fastest way to "fix" and "reclaim" the Republican party with a conservative candidate in 2012 are perhaps correct. BUT, the question is, at what cost. Are those people really willing to endure what the next four years of Dem prez + Dem congress could bring? Keep in mind that you are guaranteeing a HUGE increase in taxes to pay for all the programs the Dems want; higher spending; weak national security; and the possibility of two or more Supreme Court judges. To me, that is risking too much.

ManBeast said...

I concur with SHK. The price is too high for a boycott. While McCain wasn't in my top two, he's clearly conservative and dedicated to this country. When I image the damage that Clinton or Obama can do with a Dem controlled Congress and at least two Supreme Court nominees (not to mention other judicial nominees), it scares the crap out of me. I will definitely vote for McCain and encourage everyone else I know to do so as well. Holding the GOP hostage because McCain isn't far enough right is similar to the MoveOn.org nutballs pulling the Dems left. There's a reason McCain does well in polls among all voters - the U.S. is a right-of-center country, center being the operative word.

Fredo said...

DC? Linderman? Protium?

SheaHeyKid said...

Speaking of DC, where's your superbowl conspiracy theory?

Fredo said...

Oh, I almost forgot: .30-06?

Anonymous said...

I'm in.

You're such a handsome man, Freddy.

Fredo said...

You da man, 'ot-six.

Anonymous said...

No. You da man.

dark commenteer said...

Fredo's having a Tyler Durden moment...

I'm on the McTrain--hell, I almost woted for the dude in the first place.

And I've been getting crushed at work so my SB theory is delayed.

Apologies to the editor_in-chief.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive