Thursday, February 28, 2008

Obama-McCain

Obama ('07): "Let me be clear: ... The best way to protect our security and to pressure Iraq's leaders to resolve their civil war is to immediately begin to remove our combat troops. Not in six months or one year – now."

Obama ('08): "I would always reserve the right to go in and strike against al Qaeda if they were in Iraq."

McCain response
: "I understand that Sen. Obama said that if al Qaeda established a base in Iraq that he would send troops back in militarily. Al Qaeda already has a base in Iraq. It's called al Qaeda in Iraq."

Game. Set. Match. McCain.

2 comments:

SheaHeyKid said...

BTW, this has to be one of the best all-time quotes, I just wish it had come during a national debate. It definitely would have hit Obama right in his weakness of inexperience, and been an indirect way of reminding voters.

"Al Qaeda already has a base in Iraq. It's called al Qaeda in Iraq." - McCain

Fredo said...

In the way of fair play, I thought I'd include Obama's retort to McCain's quote:

"Well, first of all, I do know that al Qaeda is in Iraq. That's why I've said we should continue to strike al Qaeda targets. But I have some news for John McCain, and that is that there was no such thing as al Qaeda in Iraq until George Bush and John McCain decided to invade Iraq."

Charles Krauthammer really placed this whole tete-a-tete in perspective last night on Special Report. When it comes to Iraq, it is the young hope-monger who keeps retreating into the past (2002) when discussing the issue, and the old guy who keeps dealing with the future, and making the right choices going forward.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive