Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Lieberman tax

This might be the only tax increase I would support. Lieberman's proposal is interesting, I'd support it for one reason but reject it for two others. On the one hand, I love the idea of knowing that 100% of the additional tax dollars I give are directly going to support soldiers and GWOT, and are not being wasted on the bridge to nowhere. His proposal is the only clear way to accomplish that. On the other hand, I believe there is probably sufficient fat in the entire budget that could be cut to free up appropriate funds for GWOT w/out raising taxes. In addition, I think it is a risky proposal b/c I am concerned that some day in the future the country might make the wrong military/political decision in GWOT just to save a few bucks. Economic cost of any plan should always be considered, but perhaps not as directly by the people as would occur under Lieberman's proposal.

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive