Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Welcome, Mr. Mayor

We're glad to have a new contributor at the Occaional Observer, Mayor Protium.

And while I'm certainly happy that Hizzoner has joined us, he's already making me work. I'm looking stuff up on Wikipedia, and he hasn't even posted yet.

Protium can be any of several things:

-In chemistry, protium refers to hydrogen-1, the most common isotope of the element hydrogen, with one proton and no neutrons
-In botany, Protium is a genus of chiefly tropical American trees in the family Burseraceae, having fragrant wood
-In computer languages, Protium is a universal, symbolic programming language system
-In medicine, Protium is a commercial name for pantoprazole, a proton inhibitor drug

So MP, which is it?

1 comments:

Mayor Protium said...

Forgive the delay in my response, but I have been preoccupied in reviewing my latest favorite website: catsthatlooklikehitler.com, which is only proof to my Internet hypothesis - no matter how ridiculous or arcane your thought, there is a website dedicated to it.

I am afraid that none of the above are correct. The name originates from one of my favorite headlines, in which a city's vice-chair (mayor pro tem) was misspelled. It was only one of two words that the editor did not catch: "Mayor Protium Bestows a Plague on Citizen of the Year". It still gives me endless chucckels.

I am glad to join and can commit to being more active.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive