Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

To all of you with children. I have a son with a child also on the way, so I'm enjoying the day like many of you.

Just a few quick comments on some recent blog postings:

1) Get used to seeing Che and Obama posters on the same wall if McCain doesn't pull this off.

2) I had to recently make a repair to my Char-Broil grill - they wanted to charge me $3.00 + $12.00 shipping for something called a "Pal" nut - this should not cost more than 5 cents. The part also was on 3 week back order even though the part was used on about 40 different grill models. So not only do they rape you on it, but their inventory control is awful.

3) Good day for a glass of scotch.

4) Tigers have won 7 out of 8, and are 7 games out of first ... I hope they keep playing well to make my summer interesting.

Later.

4 comments:

Fredo said...

Ever since Kenny Rogers d-bagged the Yankees, I've been a Tigers fan as well.

Enjoy your father's day, SW.

But stick with bourbon, not scotch.

The American spirit.

dark commenteer said...

Happy Father's Day to all.

I will personally be celebrating with a SoCo (in the bourbon family, I believe...).

SheaHeyKid said...

I'm not sure why scotch and bourbon have to be an either/or.

Ever since the Mets sucked and the BlowSox are unbeatable I've been an everyone-else-in-the-AL fan (yes, even rooting for Jankees over Sox).

Fredo said...

SW, I don't know if you caught the comments under the Che/Obama posters. The first one really hit the nail on the head:

IR-MN Says:

June 14th, 2008 at 11:45 am

Soon we’ll all have to have pictures of Hope on our walls. And specially modified televisions to make sure we’re bringing Change to our lives.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive