Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Why don't you just tattoo the inside of my eyelids?

Some things I just can't stand. One of them is the need for advertising to occupy each and every square inch of matter. Ads on the outfield wall? Disgusting. Ads on park benches? Annoying. Blimps following you out onto the beach to assault you with their pitch? Makes me nauseous.

Just when you're getting used to the last round of ad-encroachment, some previously normal piece of your life gets swallowed up.

This morning's example:


Remember when a sugar packet simply looked like this:


Can I just have my morning cup of coffee without some ad exec screaming at me in ALL BOLD CAPS ABOUT THE NATURE OF DRINK JUSTICE?

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive