Tuesday, July 01, 2008

This is probably the end of Ridge's VP chances

Don't know how I missed it, but this was in Roll Call a week ago:

For almost two years former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge failed to register a nearly half-million-dollar lobbying contract that he had with the government of Albania. Ridge filed a registration statement on behalf of the country earlier this month after being contacted by the Department of Justice.

“It was brought to my attention after the contract expired and my lawyer said under the circumstances I probably should have filed,” said Ridge, who is a national co-chairman of Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) presidential campaign and has been mentioned as a potential vice presidential running mate. “I didn’t think it was [necessary] to register.”

0 comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Always sniffing for the truth

Always sniffing for the truth

Blog Archive